Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving and making pumpkin pie

In Fallon Nevada making pumpkin pie until midnight.  

We made this thing from scratch (kind of). To tell you the truth, until about an hour ago, I had no idea that pie crust can be made by hand and that many argue it is better to make it than buy it. Anyway, I had a lot of time to think while I was crushing up the cookies and crackers, and I started wondering about the history of the pumpkin pie. So here is a quick excerpt from wikipedia. Enjoy!! 

 the pumpkin is native to the continent of North America. It was an early export to France; from there it was introduced to Tudor England, and the flesh of the “pompion” was quickly accepted as pie filler. The Pilgrims brought the pumpkin pie back to New England, but it subsequently died out in England itself.[1]




No comments:

Favorite Family

  • Linton

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry
One of my favorite things to do, even with my shoe(s) on