Sunday, April 12, 2009

Skiing at Alta for free

About 6 months ago my brother told me how you can ski for free at Alta ski resort. He told me that the sunnyside lift is free everyday after 3pm. Michelle had a goal to learn how to ski this season and so I was excited to take advantage of the free 1.5 hours of skiing which is the perfect amount of time for a beginner to learn without getting discouraged, cold and/or hurt and more importantly the teacher doesn't have time to express intense frustration or impatience. We ended up going about 5 times this season (for free) and Michelle has become a good skiier. To illustrate, yesterday we went up and in blizzard conditions Michelle decided to tackle a blue (medium) run. All I have to say right now (until I get her permission to publicly describe what really happened) is she did really well even when she couldn't see due to the fog and snow. Great ending to a good season

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'll happily describe what really happened, though you're free to elaborate if you'd like. It's something like:

AHHHH!!!
BOOM
Tumble, tumble, tumble
Whoosh (skiis/goggles/hat flying)

Repeat

Favorite Family

  • Linton

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry
One of my favorite things to do, even with my shoe(s) on