Tuesday, March 24, 2009

How to sell paintings on internet (my st

As you all saw in my last post, I decided to put my artwork to the test and see if I could sell my paintings/art through the internet. Admittedly, I am an amature artist, blogger, and internet marketer, but I do believe in the internet as a powerful tool to market anything.

Here is a picture of the first peice of art that I ever sold as a result of the internet and this blog. The yellow/blue art peice is named 'gravity' and the buyer (on the right) is Jamie Maxfield, an avid appreciater of great art, a father, a comedian, a salesman, and customer.

How did I do it. well as you read on the internet it is all about the content, you first have to produce great content (in my case 'gravity' the above mentioned acrylic painting), and then you have to let the world know that the content is out there. This is done by word of mouth and internet advertising and getting people to link their websites to yours.

After the difficult decision to put my artwork up for sell, I started to tell everybody and directed them to my website to check out the art and make a bid. Jamie told me he would pay the full price of $25 and the next day we made the transaction and documented it for posterity

4 comments:

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Congrats! Your first sold painting. You're well on the way to pro painter.

Where's the jumbo sized check?

Alisa said...

I am laughing my head off right now. Thats not meant to be mean, but I never thought you would think of painting. You are so random!

mamabear said...

A true salesman can sell just about anything. Don't sell purple startlight -- you know it's mine!

Favorite Family

  • Linton

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry
One of my favorite things to do, even with my shoe(s) on