Saturday, August 14, 2010

Dachau Festival

After the concentration camp we went to dinner and we saw all these ladies dressed up in traditional German dresses and the men in leprachaun shorts and cool shirts and vests and boots, and so after dinner I convinced Michelle that we should follow them and so we followed some people a few blocks to see where they were going and it was a huge carnival and a huge crowd of people eating and drinking pitchers (1 pitcher at a time per person) of beer, a band playing on stage, everybody talking and laughing, a waitress darting through the crowd carrying a full pitcher of beer that spills over the top and onto the floor, 10 people to a 6 person table and close to 200 tables- the whole town of Dachau must have been there.

It was just like you'd imagine or see in a movie with German's and lots of beer. We got through the walk way with no beer spilling on us and at the other end was a fair going on.

We walked around and got ice cream and people watched. Michelle let me ride in the bumper cars and after I figured out how to put the token in front so that it would go, I had a lot of fun and it was awesome.

I thought to myself. People really are the same everywhere- they may dress different and they may speak an unknown language, but they find joy and entertaiment in similar ways (and sadness and pain too). I saw a huge group of people enjoying time with their friends, riding bumper cars, playing carnival games, licking ice cream off a cone in the rain, and eating good food- people all looking for happiness ( I mean it is "the object and design of our existence") and I think and saw that many don't know where to find it.

No comments:

Favorite Family

  • Linton

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry

Me Sleeping up at Strawberry
One of my favorite things to do, even with my shoe(s) on